WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I, Godfrey Chege have so much to write in the areas of finance, accountancy, economics, Kenya taxation and the industry that I love and work for, the Film Industry in Kenya. To share my thoughts with the world, you are most welcome to my blog: Godfrey Chege, The Accountant.

Most folks think or feel Accountants are gloomy characters, who hate fun or think having fun is expensive. My former boss visited a dentist more often. She considered Accountants and Dentists to be of the same breed of meanness and stone-faced. In the film industry, most cast, directors, the bulk of the film crew and even some Executive Producers know Production Accountants only make pay cheques. To some, Accountants are tough as a rusty spike. In this blog, I want to show you a different picture of an Accountant. 

About myself. This life is too short to live a gloomy life; does it pay for the sun to set while you are still angry? What profit is there to hate? Are there positive returns for cruelty and lack of courtesy? Follow me I will show you fun side of Accountants. Fun is a source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure. It’s better to have fun in all we do. Results are better!

During my studies at Moi University (Kenya), I couldn’t exactly get the information I needed using the internet. I will there venture into selected topics touching in the areas of Finance and Banking. This area will be more useful to students studying undergraduate or post graduate degree in business management. Units covered are accountancy, finance, banking, economics and taxation in Kenya. The articles are much polished, well researched and much refined. However, you are advised to read and research more as my work is not conclusive.

An entrepreneur is a person who creates a business. Entrepreneurs are calculated risk-takers, they strive to maximize potential of their venture while simultaneously minimizing risk. They are able to recognize opportunities as they arise and create goods or services in order to take advantage of the opportunity before competitors catch on to it. Entrepreneurs may create new products or services, improve on current products or services, or simply find a new way to market existing products or services (Michael Paul, University of Wisconsin). I want to share about some entrepreneurship skills and ideas for guys who want to start ‘small’ with me. I have tried a few small investments and they are working. More insights, ideas and opinions from you are much welcomed.

This blog gives me the opportunity to speak/write my mind. My personal Opinion will feature a lot here. I will give my views or judgments formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. This is where I give my two cents.

I would be grateful for your comments, suggestions, positive criticism, encouragement, contributions etc. Let’s have fun!

Godfrey Chege
Senior Accountant, Dreamcatcher Productions Limited
CPA, BBM (Moi University, Finance and Banking)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARGUMENT FOR AND AGAINST PROFIT AND WEALTH MAXIMIZATION GOALS IN LIGHT OF CORPORATE FINANCE

TYPES, NATURE OF CONFLICTS, AGENT COSTS AND RESOLUTION IN AGENT RELATIONSHIP IN AN ORGANIZATION